Current affairs are important part of Bank, SSC, UPSC, KPSC and all the competitive Exams. In this article, we are going to share with, 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐟𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 October 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 (𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐲). These October 2021 monthly current affairs will help you in the preparation of Bank, SSC and All competitive exams. You can also download PDF of October 2021 current affairs from below.
To read September 2021 Monthly Current affairs, Click here.
Current Affairs is a very vast and dynamic topic. Sometimes we need proper analysis as well. Apart from understanding the concept, it requires memorizing the facts and figures. The facts and figures are constantly changing, and all the aspirants need to keep themselves updated. We get almost 50 different news to read every day, and remembering all the current news of the past 6-8 months is not an easy nut to crack. And to make easy for you, ICD Kollam is here with 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐟𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 October 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏.
BANKING AND FINANCIAL AWARENESS (October 2021 Current Affairs)
- RBI imposed Rs 1 crore penalty on Paytm Payments Bank.
- SBI launches NAV-eCash card on INS Vikramaditya – in collaboration with Indian Navy
- Google Pay tied up with SBI General Insurance – to enable users to buy SBI General health insurance on Google Pay app.
- HDFC Bank, Mastercard, DFC, USAID launched a $100 Million Credit Facility for MSME in India.
- HDFC Ltd & India Post Payment Bank (IPPB) – Partnership to offer Home loans
- Federal Bank was recently authorised by RBI to collect Direct and Indirect Taxes on behalf of CBDT & CBIC
- Axis Bank & Ezetap – partnership to start a new service app My Vyapar – to Indian retail sector
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) launched automated fuelling technology called UFill – to provide secure and smart experience to its customers.
- Bharti AXA sign Bancassuarance Partnership with Utkarsh Small Finance Bank.
- Bharti AXA Life insurance launched Bharti AXA Life Unnati – to provide long term financial stability to individuals
- BharatPe launched Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL) platform with the launch of postpe
- Meity Startup Hub and Google – launched Appscale Academy programme.
- Mark Zuckerberg renamed Facebook as Meta – that focuses on building the metaverse
- Indigo & Kotak Mahindra Bank – partnership to launch co-branded credit card named Ka-ching
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (c-DAC) & Union Bank of India – MoU to launch an initiative on Cyber Security awareness.
NATIONAL NEWS (STATE) (October 2021 Current Affairs)
TELENGANA – Develops India’s 1st smartphone-based eVoting solution.
MADHYA PRADESH – Implementation of Mukhyamantri Ration Aapke Dwar Yojana – ration will be provided at the doorstep of the villagers
- India’s 1st Sports Arbitration Centre
- Launched Go Green scheme
- India’s 1st IVF calf of Banni breed of Buffaloes – in Kutch region
KARNATAKA – tops State Energy Efficiency Index (SEEI) 2020. Rajasthan 2nd
- 1st state to pass its own Wildlife Action Plan 2021-30.
- Launched Mission Kavach Kundal
ASSAM – India’s 1st e-fish market App Fishwaale
CHHATTISGARH – launched Shri Dhanwantri Generic Medical Store scheme – to provide low cost generic medicines
UTTARAKHAND- Country’s largest aromatic garden in the Naintal district.
GOA – 1st state to achieve ODF & electricity for each household
NATIONAL NEWS (October 2021 Current Affairs)
- Gov of India launched Waste to Wealth web portal – to enhance cooperation for sustainable development
- The Securities and Exchanges Board of India (SEBI) constituted a 4 member high powered advisory committee on settlement orders and compounding of offences. Vijay C Daga – Chairman of the committee
- India Infoline Finance Limited – 1st Indian NBFC to launch instant Bussiness Loan on Whatsapp
- PM Modi launched Jal Jeevan Mission App and Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh
- World’s largest Khadi National Flag hoisted in Leh, Ladakh on 152nd birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
- PM Modi launched Indian Space Assosiation – to improve space technology
- All India Institute of Ayurveda & Croatia’s Kvarner Health Tourism Cluster – MoU to improve traditional medicine system.
- CBSE launched Veer Gatha Project in schools – to creat awareness on Gallantry Awards.
- Union Minister for information and Broadcasting Anurag Thakur launched MyParkings App – developed by Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited (BECIL)
- Varanasi – 1st Indian city to use ropeway services for public.
- Atal Innovation Mission of NITI Aayog launched a Digi-book – Innovation for You – focus on healthcare
- Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways launched MyPortApp
- Election Commission of India launched Garuda app – for digital mapping of all polling stations
- OneWeb & NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) – MoU to use ISRO’s PSLV & GSLV-MkIII to launch its satellites
- Union Minister of Power & New and Renewable Energy R K Singh launched Green Day Ahead Market (GDAM) – new market segment
- India’s 1st Radio over Internet Protocol (ROIP) System – inaugurated in Kolkata
- Amrit Mahotsav Podcast is launched by Cultural Minister G K Reddy
- DRDO successfully test-fired Agni-5 ballistic missile
- Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare launched i-Drone – vaccine delivery model
- UIDAI is hosting Aadhaar Hackathon 2021 – based on 2 topics : Enrolment and Update & Identify and Authentication
- Nepal signed 2 agreements ($ 3.5 bn) to boost cross-border train services
- Road Transport and Highways Ministry launched CUNSULT ( Knowledge App and platform)
- MSME Ministry launched SAMBHAV -National level awareness programme.
INTERNATIONAL NEWS (October 2021 Current Affairs)
- India re-elected to UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) for a 6th term
- Russia-China joint naval exercises ‘Joint Sea 2021’ – at Russia’s Peter the Great Gulf in the Sea of Japan.
- International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) launched global FinTech Hackathon series ‘I- Sprint’21’
- France launched Military Communication satellite – Syracuse 4A
- Donald Trump – launched a social media platform called TRUTH Social
- South Korea inaugurated World’s largest Hydrogen Fuel Cell Power Plant.
- India – UK maiden Tri-service exercise Kankan Shakti 2021
- India – UK joint company level Military exercise – Ajeya Warrior
- Invest India (Startup) elected as the President of World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA)
- India-Japan Bilateral Maritime Exercise JIMEX -21 –in the Arabian Sea
- China launched satellite Shijian-21
- Amazon Web Services & Intel – partnership to establish a studio at the NITI Aayog Frontier Technology Cloud Innovation Centre (CIC)
- Germany – world’s 1st automated driverless train
- International Conference on Yoga and Ayurveda in Zagreb, Theme : Ayurveda for Health and Wellness.
- India, UK & Australia along with small Island developing states (SIDS) – launch Infrastructure for Resilient Island States (IRIS)
AWARDS AND HONORS (October 2021 Current Affairs)
- Indian Army won gold medal in the Exercise Cambrian Patrol 2021
- Nobel Peace Prize – Maria Ressa & Dmitry Muratov
- Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine – David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian for their discoveries of receptors for temperature and touch
- Nobel Prize in Physics – Syukuro Manabe, Kiaus Hasselmann, Giorgio Parisi
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry – Benjamin List & David W C MacMillan – for the development of asymmetric organocatalysis
- Nobel Prize in Literature – Abdulrazak Gurnah
- India Green Energy Award 2020 – TVS Motor Company
- Global Leadership Award – Shiv Nadar (US India Business Council)
- C K Prahlad Award – Microsoft team
- Satyajit Ray lifetime Achievement award – Martin Scorsese and Istevan Szabo – at International film festival of India.
- Dadasaheb Phalke Award – Rajinikanth
- Alexei Navalny (Russian opposition leader) – European Union’s Sakharov Prize.
- Right Livelihood Award 2021 won by LIFE (Legal Initiative for Forest and Environment)
- Parambikulam Tiger Conservation Foundation won Earth Heroes Awards.
RANKS AND REPORTS (October 2021 Current Affairs)
- Global Hunger Index 2021 – India 101st
- Forbes world’s Best Employer 2021 – Reliance Industries tops among Indian corporates. Samsung Electronics tops.
- World Justice Projecgs Rule of Law Index 2021 – India 79th.
- Global Climate Tech Investment Trend Report. India 9th
- FIFA Ranking 2021 – India 106th . Belgium tops
- Forbes India nRich List 2021 – Mukesh Ambani tops
APPOINTMENTS (October 2021 Current Affairs)
- Jonas Gahr Store – PM of Norway
- Najia Bouden – 1st women PM of Tunisia
- A K Goel (UCO Bank Chief )– Chairman of IBA (Indian Bank’s Assosiation)
- Pradeep Kumar Panja – Chairman of Karnataka Bank Ltd
- Kanana Ranaut – brand ambassador of UP’s ODOP Scheme
- Navrang Saini – Chairperson of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI)
- Rahul Dravid – Team India’s Head Coach
- Abiy Ahmed – PM of Ethiopia
- Rajnish Kumar- Chairman to the Board of BharatPe
- Alok Sahay – Secretary General of Indian Steel Association
- Manoj Bajpayee – Brand Ambassador of FloBiz Neobank
- Deepika Padukone – Brand Ambassador of Adidas ropes
- Baldev Prakash – MD & CEO of J&K Bank
- Siddhartha Lal – MD of Eicher Motors
- Alok Mishra – MD of India Ports Global Limited
- Amish Mehta – New MD &CEO of CRISIL
- Anita Anand (Indo Canadian) – Defence Minister of Canada
- K V Kamath – Chairperson of NaBFID
- Ritesh Chauhan – CEO of PM Fasal Bimal Yojana
- Ramnath Krishnan – MD & Group CEO of ICRA
- P K Garg – CEO of TOPS (Target Olympic Podium Scheme
- Shavkat Mirziyoyev – President of Uzbekistan
- B C Patnaik – MD of LIC
- Amitab Bachchan – Brand Ambassador of Crypto exchange CoinDCX
10 tips to prepare for IBPS RRB Exam 2021. Click here to read.
SPORTS (October 2021 Current Affairs)
- IPL 2021 won by Chennai Super Kings
- Divya Deshmukh – India’s 21st Woman Grand Master
- Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar won ISSF Junior Championships
- Ryan ten Doeschate (Netherland) announced retirement from International Cricket
- 2021 SAFF Championship final title at National Football Stadium in Male, Maldives – India beat Nepal
- Indian Wrestler Anshu Malik – 1st Indian woman to win World Wrestling Championships 2021
- Smriti Mandhana – 1st Indian woman to score a Test hundred on Austraian soil
- Denmark Open 2021
- Men’s single – Viktor Axelsen
- Womens’s Single – Akane Yamaguchi
- US Grand Prix 2021 – Max Verstappen
- Turkish Grand Prix – ValtteriBottas
BOOKS AND AUTHORS (October 2021 Current Affairs)
- The Origin Story of India’s States – V S Srinivasan
- Writing for My Life – Ruskin Bond
- Lal Bahadur Shastri : Politics and Beyond – Sandeep Shastri
- Economist Gandhi : The Roots and the Relevance of the Political Economy of the Mahatma – Jaithirth Rao
- Kamala Harris : Phenomenal Woman – Chidanand Rajghatta.
The History of Banking in India, Click here to read.
IMPORTANT DAYS (October 2021 Current Affairs)
Oct 2 – World day for Farmed Animals
Oct 5 – World Teachers’ Day. Theme : Teachers at the heart of education recovery
Oct 7 – World Cotton Day
Oct 8 – World Egg Day. Theme : Eggs for all : Nature’s perfect package.
Oct 9 – World Post day. Theme : Innovate to recover
Oct 15 – Intenational Day of Rural Women. Theme : Rural women cultivating good food for all
Oct 15 – World Student’s Day. Theme : Learning for people, planet, prosperity and peace.
Oct 16 – World Food day. Theme : Safe food now for a healthy tomorrow
Oct 17 – International Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Theme : Building Forward Together : Ending Persistent Poverty, Respecting all People and our Planet.
Oct 22 – International stuttering Awareness Day. Theme : Speak the change you wish to see.
Oct 23 – Mole day
Oct 23– International Snow Leopard Day
Oct 24- UN Day
Oct 24 – World Development Information Day
Oct 24 – World Polio Day. Theme : Delivering on a Promise
Oct 27 – World Audiovisual Heritage Day. Theme : Your Window to the World
Oct 28– International Animation Day
Oct 29 – International Internet Day
Oct 29– World Psoriasis Day. Theme : Uniting for action
Oct 31 – World Thrift Day
Oct 31 – National Unity Day / Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
Oct 31 – World Cities Day. Theme : Adapting cities for climate resilience
OBITUARIES (October 2021 Current Affairs)
Ghanshyam Nayak – Television actor
Saranjeet Singh – Former Hockey International player
Sunao Tsuboi – Hiroshima nuclear bomb attack survivor
Shakti Sinha – Atal Vajpayee’s former private secretary
Arvind Trivedi – Television Actor
Download Current Affairs of October 2021 PDF by joining our Telegram.Hope this article on July 2021 current affairs will help you in preparing for any competitive exams you want to crack.
To get Daily current affairs and other important materials of Bank and SSC Exam. Follow us on all social media.
To get Daily current affairs and other important materials of Bank and SSC Exam. Follow us on all social media.
- 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤: https://www.facebook.com/ICDKLM
- 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐥: https://t.me/joinchat/SlbgcEr-pPw6gLI7
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/icdkollam-jk/community
Download ICD Kollam app and start preparing for Bank or SSC Exam: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icdkollam.main.app