Current affairs are important part of Bank, SSC, UPSC, KPSC and all the competitive Exams. In this article, we are going to share with, 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐟𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 September 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 (𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐲). These September 2021 monthly current affairs will help you in the preparation of Bank, SSC and All competitive exams. You can also download PDF of September 2021 current affairs from below.
To read August 2021 Monthly Current affairs, Click here.
Current Affairs is a very vast and dynamic topic. Sometimes we need proper analysis as well. Apart from understanding the concept, it requires memorizing the facts and figures. The facts and figures are constantly changing, and all the aspirants need to keep themselves updated. We get almost 50 different news to read every day, and remembering all the current news of the past 6-8 months is not an easy nut to crack. And to make easy for you, ICD Kollam is here with 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐟𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 September 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏.
Please read 18 Important Bank terms by clicking here.
BANKING AND FINANCIAL AWARENESS (September 2021 Current Affairs)
- RBI issued Master Directions on Securitisation of standard Assets, Transfer of loan Exposures
- RBI has taken public sector lender UCO Bank out of the Prompt Corrective Action (PCA)
- SBI Card & BPCL (Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited )- launched co-branded RuPay contactless credit card
- BLS International – National Business Correspondent of SBI
- ICICI Bank & Amazon India to offer Overdraft (OD) facility upto Rs 25 lakh to individual sellers and small
- HPCL ( Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited) & ICICI Bank –joined to enable ICICI bank customers to use their ICICI Bank FastTag to pay for Fuel.
- EXIM Bank of India & Fahi Dhiriulhun Corporation Limited of Maldives – signed agreement to provide Buyers credit of $228 mn for construction of 4000 social Housing Units in Hulhumale’ Phase II
- NBFC, Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC), successfully issued its maiden Euro Green Bond.
- IPPB (Indian Post Payment Bank) & Tata AIG General Insurance , Bajaj Allianz – Partnered to distribute Non-Life Insurance Products
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Govt of India have signed a $ 112 million loan to develop water supply infrastructure and strengthen capacities of urban local bodies (ULBs) – Jharkhand
- The govt of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) have signed a $ 300 million loan as additional financing to scale up the improvement of rural connectivity – Maharashtra
- DFC (Development Finance Corporation ) and USAID – announces $ 55 million credit Guarantee Programme to Address Economic Impact of COVID-19 in India
- Flipkart Wholesale & Davinta – partnership to Offer Credit Facility for Retailers.
- IndusInd Bank acquired 4.79% Stake in McLeod Russel India.
- PayPoint India & BOB – partnered to expand Banking services reach
- Paytm Payments Bank Ltd (PPBL) & Delhi Metro Rail Corporation – Partnership – launched India’s 1st FASTag-based metro parking facility, at the Kashmere Gate Metro station.
- BOB & Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) – launched International co-branded
- Rupay debit card.
- Bank of Baroda has announced the launch of its digital banking platform named bob World
- Yes Bank partnered with Visa for Credit cards
- DBS Bank has launched real-time online tracking for cross-border payments for its corporate clients, in partnership with SWIFT Global Payments Innovation (GPI). The service available in the bank’ banking platform DBS IDEAL.
- NPCI International Payments Ltd (NPCL) & Liquid Group – partnership to enable UPI QR based payments
- HDFC Bank & Paytm – partnership to launch Co-branded Credit Cards powered by Visa
- LIC launched PRAGATI mobile app for Development Officers
- The Karnataka Bank has launched an all-in-one Point of Sales (POS) swiping machine dubbed as WisePOSGo’
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) & Fiserv Inc – partnership to launch the plug- andplay RuPay credit card stack nFiNi
- PhonePe has launched a platform named PhonePe Pulse.
- Bank of India has entered into a co-lending arrangement with MAS Financial Services for MSME loans
10 tips to prepare for IBPS RRB Exam 2021. Click here to read.
NATIONAL (STATE) NEWS (September 2021 Current Affairs)
World’s highest EV charging station
Tie-up with UNICEF, CPR to provide sanitation Facilities. Also the govt signed MoU with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for Agriculture Development
Setup India’s 1st dugong conservation reserve at the northern part of the Palk Bay.
India’s largest open-air fernery – inaugurated in Ranikhet of Uttarakhand.
- Launched Samarpan portal for people – to offer voluntary services
- Approved implementation of MBBY– a crop assurance
- Topped among all other states of the country in terms of installation of off-grid solar pumps under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthan Mahaabhiyaan (PM-KUSUM)
Tata Steel commissions India’s 1st CO2 Capture and Utilisation plant in Jamshedpur
‘Millet Mission’, which aims to provide proper price rates to farmers for minor cereal crops
Declares Katley as state fish
Launched Sarkar Tumachya Dari initiative – aim at addressing the grievances among citizens of Goa
Civil aviation minister has launched Medicine from the Sky project in Telangana.
NATIONAL NEWS (September 2021 Current Affairs)
- Amazon Internet Services Pvt Ltd (AISPL) & MeitY Startup Hub – MoU to promote technology innovation.
- India has become the 1st country in Asia to launch a Plastics Pact, a new platform to promote a circular system for
- Ministry of Railways launched Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana (RKVY) under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- Ministry of Education formulated a 12-member National Steering Committee to develop National Curriculum Frameworks – headed by K Kasturirangan
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited & Alliance Air Aviation Limited – Linked Pact to deploy Do- 228 Plane in Arunachal
- Niti Aayog in collaboration with US-based Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) and RMI India – launched a campaign named Shoonya, to promote zero-pollution delivery vehicles
- BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd) launched India’s 1st High Ash Coal to Methanol conversion plant in Hyderabad
- TRIFED & Big Basket & Purti Agrotech – MoU to promote Van Dhan Products
- PM Modi launched Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM)
- MyGov India, under Ministryvof Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) launched the Planetarium Innovation Challenge for Indian startups.
- 15th India-Nepal Joint Military Training Exercise ‘Surya Kiran’ – at Pithoragarh , UP
- IRCTC launched India’s 1st Indegenous Luxury Cruise Liner operated by Waterways Leisure Tourism Private Limited
- Union Minister for Road Transport, Nitin Gadkari launched ‘iRASTE’, an Artificial Intelligence- powered project – to reduce road accidents.
- PM Modi has inaugurated the “Shikshak Parv-2021” Theme : Quality and Sustainable Schools: Learnings from Schools in India
- PM Modi inaugurated the Sardardham Bhavan in Ahmedabad
- PM Modi launched Sansad TV – by merging Lok Sabha TV and Rajya Sabha TV
- Ministry of Defence partnered with Spain for acquisition of 56 C-295 MW aircraft
- Zoological survey of India and Natural History Museum, London – MoU to formulate strategies for long term scientific documents
- DAHD (Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying) & Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to support livestock.
- CII (Confederation of Indian Industry) organized 3rd Life Sciences Conclave 2021. Theme : Taking Indian Lifes Science to the Global Stage
- Ministry of AYUSH has launched a campaign titled ‘AYUSH AAPKE DWAR’ – to distribute medicinal plant saplings to 75 lakh households
- India’s 1st indigenously Designed High Ash Coal Gasification Based Methanol Production Plant at Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) Research and Development Centre- Hyderabad
- Union Minister of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change launched a portal named PRANA, for the regulation of air pollution in 132 cities across the country.
- India’s tallest air purification tower – inaugurated in the Union Territory of Chandigarh.
- Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) & National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) – MoU – to develop Multi-Modal Logistics Parks (MMLPs) across the country under the Bharatmala Pariyojana.
INTERNATIONAL NEWS (September 2021 Current Affairs)
- US department of energy and Indian Counterpart launched a new public private Hydrogen Task force and Biofuel Task Force – to expand use of clean energy technologies for decarbonisation of the energy
- India & UAE – formally launched negotiations on India-UAE Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA)
- Iran became 9th full member of the Shanghai Coorporation
- ICRISAT (International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics) & WFP (World Food Programme) – MoU to improve food, nutrition security and livelihoods in
- South Africa hosts 10th Global MIL Week from October 24. Theme : Media and Information Literacy for
- India and USA – launched the Climate Action and Finance Mobilization Dialogue (CAFMD)
- 3rd edition of India- Indonesia Bilateral maritime exercise ‘ Samudra Shakti 2021’ – in Sunda strait
- 4th edition of AUSINDEX– a bilateral navy exercise between Indian Navy and Australian Navy
- The International Astronomical Union (IAU) named a crater at the Moon’s south pole after Matthew Henson.
- India & Bhutan sign a pact for Joint Development of Small satellites
- El Salvador has become the 1st country in the world to accept Bitcoin as legal
- Cuba became the 1st country in the world to vaccinate children from the age of two against COVID-19, using home-grown jabs not recognised by the
- DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation) and EASA (European Union Aviation Safety Agency) – agreement for safety, environment protection standards
- Global Trade Outlook by UK Department of International Trade – India to become world’s 3rd largest importer by 2050
- China – launched a new Earth observation satellite- Gaofen 5 02
- 28th edition of Signapore–India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX) – in southern fringes of the South China
- US , UK & Australia announced the partnership “AUKUS” a new trilateral security partnership for the Indo-Pacific region.
The History of Banking in India, Click here to read.
APPOINTMENTS (September 2021 Current Affairs).
- Magnus Carlsen – Global Ambassador of Mastercard
- V R Chaudhari – next Chief of Air staff
- GC Murmu ( India’s CAG) – External Auditor for IAEA
- Justin Trudeau – PM of Canada
- S. Pannu– President of the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal.
- L.Tripathy – Chairman-cum-MD of United India Insurance Company Limited.
- Alka Nangia Arora – Chairman cum Managing Director (CMD) of the National Small Industries Corporation
- Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI) Secretary-General, Cyrus Poncha – Vice-President of the Asian Squash Federation (ASF)
- Nirlep Singh Rai – Chairman & MD of National Fertilizers Ltd
- Suresh Raina – Brand Ambassador of Howzat Fantacy Sports Platform
- Harsha Bhupendra Bangari -MD of EXIM Bank
- Gordon Brown (Former UK PM) – Health Financing Ambassador of WHO
- Manika Sheokand – Ambassador to save water by Haryana Government
- Charanjit Singh Channi – 16th CM of Punjab
- Prativa Mohapatra – vice president and MD for Adobe India
- Vaidyanathan – MD & CEO of IDFC First Bank.
- Rani Rampal and cricketer Smriti Mandhana – Brand Ambassadors of Equitas Small Finance Bank
- Pawan Kumar Goenka – chairperson of the Indian National Space Promotion Authorization Centre (In-SPACe).
- Olympic gold medallist Neeraj Chopra – brand ambassador of Tata AIA Life Insurance
- Iqbal Singh Lalpura -chairman of the National Commission for Minorities.
- Aziz Akhannouch – PM of Morocco
- Jim Lanzone – CEO of Yahoo
AWARDS AND HONOURS (September 2021 Current Affairs)
- Accra of Ghana named as the UNESCO’s World Book Capital for 2023.
- TIME magazine -Annual list of ‘The 100 Most Influential People of 2021’– PM Modi, West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee and Serum Institute of India CEO Adar Poonawalla – named among the world’s 100 most influential people
- Indian biologist Shailendra Singh – Behler Turtle Conservation Award
- Namita Gokhale (writer)- 7th Yamin Hazarika Woman of Substance
- Government e Marketplace (GeM) – CIPS Awards
- Author Susanna Clarke – Women’s Prize for Fiction 2021 for her novel Piranesi
- Sheikh Hasina (Bangladesh PM ) – SDG progress Award
- IHA Blue Planet Prize for excellence in sustainable hydropower development – 510 MV Teesta –V Power Station, Sikkim
- The Golden Rock Railway Workshop (GOC) Tiruchchirappalli – National Award for Excellence in Energy Management from Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Chandigarh Railway Station(CRS) was awarded 5 star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification for providing high-quality, nutritious food to passengers
- Ayaan Shankta (A 12-year-old environmental activist from Maharashtra) – 2021 International Young Eco-Hero
RANKS AND REPORTS (September 2021 Current Affairs)
- Global Innovation Index 2021 – India –46th . Switzerland
- NIRF India Rankings 2021 – IIT Madras retains top
- Global Startup Ecosystem Report Bangalore- 23rd. Delhi-36th.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS (September 2021 Current Affairs)
- The Battle of Rezang La – Kulpreet Yadav
- The Three Khans : And the Emergence of New India – Kaveree Bamzai
- Dancing with Dreams – Adityanath Das (Chief Secretary)
- Bullets Over Bombay: Satya and the Hindi Film Gangster – Uday
- Human Rights and Terrorism in India -BJP MP Subramanian Swamy.
SPORTS (September 2021 Current Affairs)
Tokyo Paralympics – List of Indian medallists (Gold):
- Athletics: Sumit Antil (Men’s Javelin Throw)
- Badminton: Pramod Bhagat (Men’s Singles)
- Badminton: Krishna Nagar (Men’s Singles)
- Shooting: Manish Narwal (Mixed 50m Pistol)
- Shooting: Avani Lekhara (Women’s 10m Air Rifle Standing)
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) – formula one Dutch Grand Prix 2021
- Lewis Hamilton– 1st F1 driver to seal 100 wins after finishing 1st in Russian Grand Prix
- Odisha to Host U-21 FIH Men’s Hockey Junior World Cup
- Lasith Malinga – announced his retirement from T20 cricket
- US Open 2021 – Daniil Medvedev – 1st Grand Slam Trophy
- Magnus Carlsen – Norwegian chess grandmaster won 9th edition of EY Norway Chess 2021.
- Joe Root (England Test skipper) and Ireland’s Eimear Richardson – winners of the ICC Players of the Month for August 2021
- Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren, Australian-Italian) – Formula One Italian Grand Prix 2021
- Brendan Taylor (Former Zimbabwe skipper and wicket-keeper batsman) – announced his retirement from international cricket
IMPORTANT DAYS (September 2021 Current Affairs)
- Sept 5- National Teacher’s Day
- Sept 5 – International Day of Charity
- Sept 7 – International Day of Clean Air for blue skies. Theme : Healthy Air , Healthy Planet
- Sept 8 – International Literacy Day. Theme : Literacy for a human-centred recovery: Narrowing the digital divide.
- Sept 9 – World EV Day
- Sept 9 – International Day to Protect Education from Attack
- Sept 10 – World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD). Theme : Creating hope through action
- Sept 15 – World Lymphoma Awareness Day
- Sept 15 – International Day of Democracy
- Sept 16 – International Day for the preservation for the Ozone layer
- Sept 18- International Equal Pay Day
- Sept 18- International Coastal Cleanup Day
- Sept 18 – International Red Panda Day
- Sept 18 – World Bamboo day
- Sept 22 – World Car free Day
- Sept 22- World Rhino Day. Theme : Keep the Five Alive
- Sept 25 – World Pharmacists Day. Theme : Pharmacy : Always Trusted for Your Health
- Sept 20-26 – Vanijya Saptah (Commercial Ministry)
- Sept 26 – World Rivers Day
- Sept 26 – International Day for Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons
- Sept 26 – World Environmental Health Day. Theme : Prioritizing Environmental Health For healthier communities in Global recovery
- Sept 26 – World Contraception
- Day Sept 27 – World Tourism Day
OBITUARIES (September 2021 Current Affairs)
- Manorama Mohapatra – Odia Litterateur
- Keshav Desiraju – Former Union Health secretary
- Jimmy Greaves -(Former England Footballer )
- Jacques Rogge – Former President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- Jean-Pierre Adams – Former France footballer
- Rajni Kaul -1st News Broadcaster for BBC Hindi
Download Current Affairs of October 2021 PDF by joining our Telegram.Hope this article on July 2021 current affairs will help you in preparing for any competitive exams you want to crack.
To get Daily current affairs and other important materials of Bank and SSC Exam. Follow us on all social media.
To get Daily current affairs and other important materials of Bank and SSC Exam. Follow us on all social media.
- 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤: https://www.facebook.com/ICDKLM
- 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐥: https://t.me/joinchat/SlbgcEr-pPw6gLI7
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/icdkollam-jk/community
Download ICD Kollam app and start preparing for Bank or SSC Exam: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icdkollam.main.app