Cracking a bank exam requires a lot of planning and strategy. More than 15 lakhs students appear for the bank exams, only a few succeed. All serious aspirants study the same syllabus, but only a few make it to the end. So we can analyze that merely studying is not enough to qualify for the exams. This blog is for all the aspirants. The blog is to make them aware of the importance of exam analysis for bank exam preparation. Be it SBI exam, IBPS exam or IBPS RRB exam all the exam requires the same strategy.
Before we discuss the importance, we need to understand what exam analysis is. In simple words, exam analysis acts as a reflection for the exam you are preparing for. Analysis of the exam refers to understanding the pattern, types, and difficulty level of the question. The syllabus for bank exams is vast, and numerous questions are asked. It is not possible to practice all the types and patterns of questions. So we narrow down our syllabus by analyzing the exam papers. It gives us an idea about the direction we should follow to assure the guaranteed success.
Exam analysis itself is one of the methods to crack the exam fast. The importance and usefulness of exam analysis are diverse. Here are some of the reasons of the many why exam analysis is necessary.
- When we start our preparation for bank exams, our mentors suggest we go through the previous year’s question papers. Do you know why? It is a part of exam analysis. Practicing previous year’s question papers gives us an idea of the manner of the question asked. So, we focus on questions that are generally asked in the exam leaving the less important ones.
- From the quantitative aptitude syllabus of the banking preliminary exam, most aspirants focus on specific topics. They focus on simplification, number series, quadratic equations, data interpretation more than arithmetic questions. Why is it so? How can one decide what topics prefer more? It is where exam analysis helps. Through exam analysis, we understand on what topics we should provide greater preference to score higher.
- In the case of reasoning, analysis helps a lot. It can be time-consuming and require a lot of practice to excel in the subject. The analysis of the exam question papers gives us an idea about the marks allocation on each topic. Every alternate year or two, the patterns of questions keep changing, especially in the case of puzzles. Analyzing the paper would help you with the new questions that can be helpful for the upcoming exams.
- Not only previous year questions, when practicing mock tests, but you can also analyze your performance in the exam. Mock-tests are exams to prepare you for the main exam. When you analyze your mock test, you will get an idea of your weak areas and work on them before your exam. Such analysis helps you to study smart and make use of your time effectively. It provides you ample time to brush up on your difficult areas.
- Exam analysis helps you frame a flow chart in your mind regarding the question paper. So when preparing for the exam, you can direct your preparation based on your mind-map. Some sections are too vast like, the general awareness section. It is not possible to memorize all the current affairs and important events. You have to retain the knowledge that is important for your examination. The analysis of exam papers helps you in selecting the questions that are important from the examination point of view.
The list goes on. There is no end to the benefit of exam analysis. To crack any exam, you need to have a strategy. To make the strategy, you need to understand the examination paper, and such understanding comes from exam analysis. So start analyzing your preparation and reach success in no time!