Current affairs are important part of Bank, SSC, UPSC, KPSC and all the competitive Exams. In this article, we are going to share with, JULY 2021 Current Affairs. These JULY monthly current affairs will help you in the preparation of Bank, SSC and All competitive exams. You can also download PDF of JULY 2021 current affairs from below.
To read July 2021 Monthly Current affairs, Click here.
Current Affairs is a very vast and dynamic topic. Sometimes we need proper analysis as well. Apart from understanding the concept, it requires memorizing the facts and figures. The facts and figures are constantly changing, and all the aspirants need to keep themselves updated. We get almost 50 different news to read every day, and remembering all the current news of the past 6-8months is not an easy nut to crack. And to make easy for you, ICD Kollam is here. This is the July 2021 Current Affairs.
Please read 18 Important Bank terms by clicking here.
BANKING AND FINANCIAL AWARENESS (July 2021 Current Affairs)
- SBI General Insurance launched Arogya Supreme – a comprehensive health insurance plan.
- SBI selects Paisalo Digital as its National Corporate Business Correspondent
- SBI – topped in clearing its bad loans/Non-performing Assets in FY21
- Banks in India should offer RTGS transactions from Rs 2 lakhs to No limit as the maximum limit for a single transaction – RBI
- Axis Bank partnered with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enhance its digital banking services.
- Axis Bank & Indian Army – MoU to offer a defence service salary package through its Power Salute initiative.
- Axis Bank and Mumbai Metro & MasterCard – partnered to launch One Mumbai Metro Card.
- Axis Bank entered into a bancassurance partnership with Max Bupa Health Insurance.
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank partnered with Loan Tap Financial Technologies Pvt. Ltd to provide personal loans ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 10 lakh
- LIC launched the single premium insurance plan – Saral Pension Plan
- Central govt amended the LIC Staff Regulations. Retirement age of Chairman of LIC – 62 yrs.
- Finance Ministry amended the LIC Act 1956 to replace the post of Chairman with CEO
- Punjab and Sind Bank was fined Rs 25 lakhs by RBI for non-compliance to its Cyber security framework.
- Razorpay & Mastercard – Partnered to launch MandateHQ
- Bajaj Allianz General & Bank of India – partnered to offer insurance products.
- ICICI Bank partnered with business accounting software BUSY to provide banking solutions to its users
- ICICI Bank launches Salute Doctors – banking solution for doctors
- RBL Bank & Visa – partnered to issue Credit Cards, following the restrictions issued by RBI on MasterCard
- National Insurance Company announced 1st of its insurance policy on High- Altitude Yaks
- Paytm partnered with Aditya Birla Finance to launch micro- lending scheme – Postpaid Mini.
- International Finance Corporation (IFC) lends $250 mn to HDFC Ltd – to boost green housing finance
- PhonePe partnered with Flipkart to launch a contactless ‘Scan and Pay’ feature for Flipkart’s Cash-on-delivery orders.
- Indian Overseas Bank – 2nd most- valued public lender
- HDFC Bank launched Salaam Dil Sey portal that facilitates the General Public to send a Thanks message to Doctors
- Razorpay partnered with Mastercard to Launch the Recurring Payment Interface – MandateHQ
- FlexiLoans became the 1st to partner with Google pay for digital lending to SMEs
- Tech Mahindra partnered with Sta Twig to implement the global vaccine tracker platform VaccineLedger.
- Amazon India & InCred – partnered to offer collateral-free loans to e-commerce merchants in India
- HDB Financial Services partnered with FREO to launch 2 new credit products – Credit Line & High-Ticket Personal Loans
- EasiLoan (fintech company) launched Housing Finance Sector’s 1st AI based Home loan selection & recommendation engine – Instant Match
- Max Bupa Health Insurance rebrands itself as Niva Bupa Health Insurance
- Dvara E-Dairy & IFFCO Tokio General Insurance – partnered for AI- led tag – Surabhi e- Tag
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance & SVAAS Wellness Ltd – Partnered to launch 1st of its kind cashless outpatient health insurance policy.
- Kalpataru Power Transmission Ltd (KPTL) received a loan of USD 35.26 mn from Exim Bank – to execute a power transmission project in Senegal.
- NABARD & Bank of Maharashtra – MoU for developing Priority Sector Lending in Maharashtra
- Kotak Mahindra Bank & Indian Navy – MoU for salary account
- ICICI Bank & Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) – launched ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Credit Card
- U GRO Capital & Bank of Baroda- partnered for co-lending to the MSME Sector
10 tips to prepare for IBPS RRB Exam 2021. Click here to read.
NATIONAL (STATE NEWS) (July 2021 Current Affairs)
- NTPC Renewable Energy Ltd setting up India’s Single largest Solar Park
- Gujarat Maritime University & International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) – partnered to set up India’s first maritime arbitration centre.
- Amazon launches its 1st Digital Kendra in India in Gujarat.
NABARD sanctioned Rs 28.91 crore under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) for construction of a Dental College & Hospital in Goa
- Epsilon Carbon Private Ltd (ECPL) set-up India’s 1st integrated carbon black complex.
- Government Boys High School – 1st govt school in India to develop a satellite
India’s 1st Grain ATM or Automated, Multi Commodity, Grain Dispensing Machine installed – Gurugram
Baidyanath Ayurvedic Group set-up India’s 1st Private LNG plant at Nagpur, Maharashtra
JAMMU & KASHMIR
- NTPC Renewable Energy Ltd signed MoU with Ladakh – to setup India’s 1st Green Hydrgen Mobility Project
- Chief Secretary inaugurates 24× 7 helpline SUKOON
- Lt Governor Manoj Sinha launched HAUSLA – Inspiring her growth
India’s 1st Pod Taxi Service planned to be launched by the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority
Amit shah along with CM Conrad K. Sangma inaugurated Greater Sohra Water Supply Scheme at Sohra
NATIONAL NEWS (July 2021 Current Affairs)
- Glacial Lake Atlas of Ganga River Basin was released by Ministry of Jal Shakthi – to study the impact of climate change.
- India unveiled Asia’s longest and world’s 5th largest NATRAX (National Automotive Test Tracks) High Speed Track – at Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- NITI Aayog released Study on Not-For-Profit Hospital Model in India – web providing insight into their operation model.
- Tech Mahindra developed Atmanirbhar Krishi app – to provide soil based cropping guidance to farmers
- NTPC partnered with ONGC to boost offshore wind energy in India – target of generating 32 GW
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) developed Financial Literacy Textbook for Class 6 student6s of CBSE.
- India’s 2nd longest expressway – Ganga Expressway , connecting the cities of Meerut & Prayagraj.
- India is going to construct 24 Integrated Check Posts by 2025- Land Ports Authority of India (LPAI)
- Bharat Dynamics & Defence Ministry – entered into Rs 499 crore worth contract for Manufacturing Akash Missiles
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry launched the plan – Freight Smart Cities to improve the efficiency of urban freight transportation
- Bharat electronics Limited and Indian Navy – MoU to create a joint Technology Incubation forum (TIF)
- Matsya Setu – Mobile app launched by Ministry of Fisheries to provide online courses on freshwater aquaculture techniques
- Indian Army renamed its military firing ranges as Vidya Balan Firing range – Jammu & Kashmir (Gulmarg)
- Ministry of Earth Science & Department of Biotechnology – MoU for improving research on Polar Microbes
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) & Centre for Development of Advanced Computing C-DAC – MoU to train manpower of the force in advanced technologies
- Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) and MapmyIndia – MoU to enable map services in UMANG App
- National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India & APEDA – partnered to promote Agricultural Exports from India.
- Adani Green Energy got approval from CCI to acquire SB Energy Holding Limited for $3.5 bn – India’s largest acquisition in renewable energy sector
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations launched Kala Vishwa – a virtual platform for Folk Artists
- Microsoft going to build a Centre of Excellence for Artificial Intelligence at Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management
- World’s 3rd largest Cricket Stadium – Jaipur , Rajasthan
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs partnered with WHO & UNICEF – to launch COVID-19 vaccination campaign – COVID Teeka Sang Surakshit Van, Dhan aur Uddyam
- Ministry of Education and Ministry of Tribal Affairs – launched School Innovation Ambassador Training Program (SIATP)
- T-Hub launched 3-month training program for Healthcare sector in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission
- Confederation of Indian Industry partnered with the Ministry of External Affairs to organise the 1st edition of Indo Pacific Business Summit.
- Indian Navy’s INS Tabar conduct a maritime partnership exercise with Italian navy in Tyrrhenian Sea.
- India’s 1st Cryptogamic Garden – Dehradun , Uttarakhand
- DRDO flight-tested the New Generation Akash Missile (Akash-NG) from Odisha
- Bhutan – 1st Foreign Country to implement India’s BHIM UPI standards for its QR development
- Ministry of Defence implemented SPARSH (System for Pension Administration Raksha) – for automation of sanction and disbursement of defence pension.
- Rajnath Singh flagged in Indian Army’s skling Expedition “ARMEX -21”
INTERNATIONAL NEWS (July 2021 Current Affairs)
- Interweave partnered with UN Women to implement the United Nations
- Russia partnered with Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL) – for constructing Units 5 & 6 of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP) in Tamil Nadu
- World Bank announced a USD 500 mn loan programme to support India’s informal working classs
- India and China joined G20-OECD Tax Framework Deal. Global minimum Corporate Tax for International companies – 15%
- Linglong One – world’s 1st Commercial Small Modular Reactor is planned to be constructed in China
- OneWeb launched 36 communication satellites using Soyuz rocket to complete its Five to 50 ambition to provide internet connectivity to Northern Hemisphere
- Nepal revised its Rail Serevice Agreement with India to permit movement of cargo between the countries
- Sirisha Bandla – 3rd Indian origin woman to be in space. Unity 22 trial mission of Virgin Galactic.
- India – was awarded with opportunity to host 2026 – World Badminton Championship by the Badminton World Federation
- Uzbekistan hosts Central- South Asia Conference 2021
- China got certified by WHO as Malaria free
- European Union – world’s 1st Carbon Border Tax from 2026 on imports of carbon intensive goods
- Qatar Airways – 1st airline from Middle East to join IATA Turbulence aware platform
- Gambia & India – MoU for cooperation in the field of governance & personnel administration.
- India & Norway – host the International Climate Summit 2021. Key focus on Green Hydrogen
- Philippines – 1st country to approve Golden Rice for planting
- Indore -listed in the International Clean Air Catalyst Programme by USAID
- UK agreed to provide Sustainable financial solutions to GIFT City – during its 1st Financial Markets Dialogue with India
- United States formed a Quadrilateral Diplomatic group – USA, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Uzbekistan – to promote peace & stability in Afghanistan
- Italy participated with India in 21st session of Joint Commission for Economic Cooperation (JCEC).
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) made its larger ever allocation of USD 650 bn under Special Drawing Rights to protect economically weaker nations from COVID-19.
- Singapore constructed one of World’s largest floating solar from to power 5 water treatment plants.
- United Kingdom reports cases of Norovirus infection
- World’s tallest sandcastle constructed in the town of Bolkhus in Denmark
- World’s 1st 3D- Printed steel bridge opened in Amsterdam
- Singapore’s Sunseap Group – spend $ 2 bn to build world’s largest floating solar farm and energy storage system
RANKS (July 2021 Current Affairs)
- StartupBlink released the Global Startup Ecosystem Index 2021. India -20th best country. Bangalore- 10th best city for startups
- Global Cybersecurity Index 2020 released by International Telecommunication union (ITU). India 10th . US tops
- India has entered top 10 list of agricultural produce exporters according to WTO report
AWARDS AND HONORS (July 2021 Current Affairs)
- World’s Most Innovative Investment Promotion Agency for 2021 by OCO Global – Invest India
- The Order of Polar Star – Mongolia’s highest civilian award – R K Sabharwal
- 2021’s Humboldt Research Award for Economics – Kaushik Basu
- Kuvempu Rashtriya Puraskar 2020 – Rajendra Kishore Panda
- 2021 Airline of the Year by Air Transport World (ATW) – Korean Air
- 52nd International Film Festival of India will be held in Goa. A new award Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Cinema from 2021.
- Rajendra Kishore Panda (Odia poet) – Kuvempu Rashtriya Puraskar
- Satpura Tiger Reserve – won the Natwest Group Earth Heroes Award 2021 under Earth Guardian Category
The History of Banking in India, Click here to read.
APPOINTMENTS (July 2021 Current Affairs)
- Amitabh Khant – CEO of Niti Aayog upto 30-06-2022
- Pushkar Singh Dhami – CM of Uttarakhand.
- President of India appointed Thaawar chand Gehlot as Governor of Karnataka –under Article 155
- Sher Bahadur Deuba– Prime Minister of Nepal
- Nitin Gadkari – Brand Ambassador of Khadi Prakritk Paint – India’s only paint made of Cow Dung
- Rashmi R Das (FinMin Joint Secretary) – UN Tax Committee Nasir Kamal IPS – DG of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security
- Manu Sawhney – CEO of International Cricket Council (ICC)
- N Venudhar Reddy – Director General of All India Radio
- N.S. Srinivasa Murthy – 1st Indian to be appointed as Honorary Consul General of Vietnam. He was appointed for the state of Karnataka.
- K N Bhattacharjee – new Lokayukta in Tripura
- Sanjay Gupta – Chairman of Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI)
- Air Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari – new IAF Vice Chief
- Cleopas Dlamini – PM of Eswatini
- Pham Minh – PM of Vietnam
- Satish Agnihotri – MD of NHSRCL.
- Pedro Castillo – President of Peru
- Neha Parikh – CEO of Crowd sourced navigation app Waze.
- Ariel Henry – PM of Haiti
- Noopur Chaturvedi – CEO of Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS)
SPORTS (July 2021 Current Affairs)
- Pune & Mumbai – host the AFC Women’s Asia Cup Football tournament in 2022
- Kanchan Ugursandi – 1st person to complete the world’s 1st Solo Motorcycle Expedition covering 18 mountain passes in Himalayas
- Pawan Singh – 1st Indian Jury to officiate in Olympic Games- Jury for Shooting in Tokyo Olympics
- Mithali Raj– World’s leading run scorer in Women’s International Cricket in all 3- formats.
- Mariyapppan Thangavelu (Para high-jumper) – named the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent in the Tokyo Paralympics
- Max Verstappen – Formula 1’s Austrian Grand Prix 2021
- Babar Azam – fastest ever batsman to score 14 Centuries in ODI Cricket
- Karnataka – host 2nd edition of Khelo India University Games (KIUG) – on March 2022
- Abhimanyu Mishra (Indian- origin American) – Youngest ever chess Grandmaster
- Indian captain Mithali Raj became the highest run- getter in women’s cricket across formats
- Rubina Francis (Madhya Pradesh Para Shooter) – world record at the ongoing Para Sport Cup in Peru.
- Muhmudullah – Bangladesh all-rounder announces retirement from Test cricket
- Aman Gulia and Sagar Jaglan (wrestlers) – new world champions – Cadet world Championship 2021 at Budapest, Hungary
- Sandesh Jhingan – AIFF Men’s Footballer of the year
- Ngangom Bala Devi – AIFF Women’s Footballer of the year
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics- China’s Yang Qian wins 1st gold medal. ( Asaka Shooting Range)
- 2020 Tokyo Games – Mirabai Chanu – Silver in weightlifting
- Pramod Bhagat – Differently Abled Sportsman of the year at Indian Sports Honour for 2019.
- Indian wrestler Priya Malik – Gold at World Cadet Wrestling Championship in Budapest, Hungary
The 5 Hottest Technologies in Banking, Click here to read
BOOKS AND AUTHORS (July 2021 Current Affairs)
- The Third Pillar : How Markets and the State Leave the Community Behind – Raghuram Rajan
- The Fourth Lion : Essays for Gopalkrishna Gandhi – Venu Madhav Govindu and Srinath Raghavan
- An Ordinary Life : Portrait of an Indian Generation – Ashok Lavasa
- The Long Game : How the Chinese Negotiate with India – Vijay Keshav Gokhale
- Lady Doctors : The Untold Stories of India’s 1st Women in Medicine – Kavitha Rao
- The Light of Asia – Jairam Ramesh.
- Bank With A Soul : Equitas – Dr.C.K Garyali
- Palleku Pattabhishekam – Yalamanchili Sivaji
IMPORTANT DAYS (July 2021 Current Affairs)
July 1 – National Doctors Day. Theme : Save the Saviours; Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy July 1 – National Postal Worker Day
July 2 – World Sports Journalists Day July 2 – World UFO Day
July 3 – World Zoonoses Day July 7 – World Chocolate Day
July 11 – World Population Day. Theme : The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on fertility July 12 – World Malala Day
July 17 – World day for International Justice
July 22 – world Brain Day . Theme : Stop Multiple Sclerosis. July 23- National Broadcasting Day.
July 24 – Aaykar Diwas ( Income Tax Day) July 25 – World Drowning Prevention Day July 26 – Kargil Vijay Diwas
July 26 – International Day for conservation of the Mangrove Ecosystem July 29- International Tiger Day
OBITUARIES (July 2021 Current Affairs)
Keshav Datt – Olympic Gold medalist (Hockey)
Danish Siddiqui (Pulitzer prize winning Indian Journalist was killed in a Militant attack in Afghanistan.
K V Sampath Kumar – editor of Sudharma Sanskrit Daily Raj Kaushal – Filmmaker
Sikkil R Bhaskaran – Carnatic Classical Violinist Donald Rumsfeld – Former US Defence Secretary Richard Donner – Filmmaker (Superman director) Virbhadra Singh – Former Himachal Pradesh CM Jayanthi- veteran multilingual actress
Urmil Kumar Thapliyal – Theatre personality and literateur Gira Sarabhai – co-founder of National Institute of Design Fakir Alamgir –Bangladesh’s legendary folk singer.
Download July 2021 Current Affairs PDF by joining our Telegram.
Hope this article on July 2021 current affairs will help you in preparing for any competitive exams you want to crack.
To get Daily current affairs and other important materials of Bank and SSC Exam. Follow us on all social media.
- 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤: https://www.facebook.com/ICDKLM
- 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐥: https://t.me/joinchat/SlbgcEr-pPw6gLI7
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/icdkollam-jk/community
Download ICD Kollam app and start preparing for Bank or SSC Exam: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icdkollam.main.app