Monthly Current Affairs of December 2021 | Download PDF
Current affairs are important part of Bank, SSC, UPSC, KPSC and all the competitive Exams. In this article, we are going to share with, Monthly Current Affairs of December 2021. These monthly current affairs will help you in the preparation of Bank, SSC and All competitive exams. You can also download PDF of December 2021 current affairs from below.
Download Current Affairs of December 2021 PDF, Click Here
Current Affairs is a very vast and dynamic topic. Sometimes we need proper analysis as well. Apart from understanding the concept, it requires memorizing the facts and figures. The facts and figures are constantly changing, and all the aspirants need to keep themselves updated. We get almost 50 different news to read every day, and remembering all the current news of the past 6-8 months is not an easy nut to crack. And to make easy for you, ICD Kollam is here with Monthly Current Affairs of December 2021.
November 2021 Current Affairs, Click here
BANKING AND FINANCIAL AWARENESS (December 2021 Current Affairs)
- RBI announced the empanelment of CSB Bank as an ‘Agency Bank’.
- RBI superseded Reliance Capital board & appoints Nageswar Rao as administrator
- SBI & Usha International Limited (UIL)- MoU for empowering women entrepreneurs by providing financial assistance
- SBI listed its $ 650 mn green bonds on India International Exchange INX & Luxembourg Stock Exchange (LuxSE).
- SBI & Kendriya Sainik Board – MoU to support and educate the children of war veterans, ex-servicemen, and war widows
- Paytm Payments Bank & MoneyGram – Partnership to enable international fund transfer directly to Paytm Wallet.
- Federal Bank & Vayana Network won the Most Effective Bank-Fintech Partnership award
- Central Bank of India and U GRO Capital – co-lending agreement and plans to disburse up to Rs 1,000 crore to medium, small and micro enterprises.
- Federal Bank launched an exclusive feature-rich scheme for The savings scheme is called Mahila Mitra Plus.
- Federal Bank has entered into a Bancassurance partnership with Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd – to provide health insurance products for customers
- PNB launched “PNB Pride-CRMD module” app for differently-abled employees
- PayPhi -1st certified tokenization service for NTS supporting tokenization of RuPay
- City Union Bank (CUB) & National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) – launched of RuPay On-the-Go contactless wearable keychain for its debit card customers.
- ADB approves $500 million loan to Govt of India – to improve quality of school education.
- IDFC FIRST Bank announced the launch of FIRST Private Infinite, the country’s first-ever standalone metal debit card, in partnership with Visa.
- Paytm & Amazon Web Services (AWS) – partnered to offer Paytm Startup Toolkit with exclusive payment services to early-stage Indian startups.
- Paytm Payments Bank has been given the scheduled bank status by the Reserve Bank of India.
- Karnataka Bank has been conferred with 2 DigiDhan awards instituted by the Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Shivalik Small Finance Bank (SSFB) & fintech firm, Indiagold – Partnership to launch India’s 1st Loan against Digital Gold.
- ADB approved a USD 350 mn loan to improve India’s urban services
- LIC has received approval from the RBI to increase its stake to 9.99 per cent in IndusInd Bank
- Life Insurance Corporation of India has launched a new non-linked, non-participating, individual savings life insurance plan called Dhan Rekha
- ISRO & Oppo’s Indian arm – MoU to strengthen the research and development of the NavIC messaging service.
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has tied up with National Payments Corporation of India’s (NPCI) bill payments system Bharat BillPay to facilitate cash-based bill payments service at customer’s doorstep
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance has started its ‘#Care4Hockey’ Campaign to elevate field Hockey’s recognition in India.
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) launched a solution for digital banking payments, named bob World Wave
- Paytm launched EdTech Platform Paytm Wealth Academy
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance – first Indian insurance company to sign United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI), to demonstrate commitment towards the environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues.
Idioms for Bank Exams, Click Here
NATIONAL (STATE) NEWS (December 2021 Current Affairs)
- 97th edition of the World Sangeet Tansen festival in Gwalior
- launched CM Dashboard Tamil Nadu 360 in Chennai
launched Chalo mobile app & smart card for bus travel
launched a web portal named Hamar Apan Budget
- India’s largest manufacturing hub, according to data from the Reserve Bank of India
- Govt laid foundation stone for Maa Umiya Dham Development Project in Gujarat
- approved the Atma Nirbhar Krishak development scheme for boosting the agriculture sector.
- PM Modi inaugurated the Saryu Nahar National Project in Balrampur
- launched the ‘Milk Price Incentive Scheme‘ in Dehradun. The scheme is aimed to provide incentives benefiting around 53,000 people of Uttarakhand.\
List of Prime Ministers of India: Click Here
NATIONAL NEWS (December 2021 Current Affairs)
- Docprime tech – launched India’s 1st health locker integrated with Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
- Nagaland Police launched Call Your Cop mobile app
- India and Bangladesh celebrated Dec 6, the day on which India formally recognized Bangladesh, as Maitri Diwas (Friendship Day)
- 1st edition of the Indian Young Water Professionals Programme was launched – under National Hydrology Project.
- PM Modi launched One Sun , One World, One Grid initiative.
- Amit Shah launched Ayushman CAPF health card.
- Walmart and its subsidiary Flipkart – signed an MoU with the Department of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises, Govt of Madhya Pradesh to create an ecosystem of capacity building for MSMEs in Madhya Pradesh
- Earth Station of Doordarshan Kendra – inaugurated in Gorakhpur
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and the Department of Telecommunications conducted a Joint Cyber Drill 2021.
- All India Radio going to begin a new programme – AIRNxt to offer youth a platform – as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
- Indian Army launched a contemporary messaging application named ASIGMA -Army Secure IndiGeneous Messaging Application
- PM Modi inaugurated thought Leadership Forum on FinTech InFinity Forum
- National Commission for Women (NCW) – launched a pan-India capacity building programme She is a Changemaker – for women representatives at all levels
- NITI Aayog launched the e-Sawaari India Electric Bus Coalition in partnership with Convergence Energy Service Ltd (CESL) and World Resources Institute, India (WRI India) and Transformative Urban Mobility Initiative (TUMI).
- Microsoft – launched a cybersecurity skilling program with the goal of training over 1 lakh learners by 2022 to address the skills gap and prepare India’s workforce for a career in cybersecurity
- Department of Youth Empowerment & Sports, Government of Karnataka has signed a Letter of Understanding (LoU) with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as a part of the State-level initiative Code-Unnati
- Bharti Airtel and Invest India, National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency jointly launched ‘Airtel India Startup Innovation Challenge’ for Startups to develop solutions in 5G, IoT.
- NITI Aayog in partnership with Bharti Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Bharti Enterprises, launched Convoke 2021-22.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) has tied up with Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) to scale-up Alkaline Electrolyze technology for Green Hydrogen production.
- Odisha & United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) – partnership to launch Mission Shakti Living Lab for the financial empowerment of women.
- India successfully test-fired the ‘Agni P’ missile off the coast of Odisha.
List of Presidents of India, Click here
INTERNATIONAL NEWS (December 2021 Current Affairs)
- NASA launched world’s largest telescope named James Webb Space
- India joined the G20 ‘Troika’ with Indonesia and Italy
- Barbados – become the World’s newest republic – 400 years after it became a British colony. Dame Sandra Prunella Mason – President of Barbados.
- WHO approves Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin for emergency use.
- The 11th edition of Exercise EKUVERIN-21 between India and Maldives, held at Kadhdhoo Island, Maldives
- Malta – first European nation to approve cannabis for personal use
- World Cooperative monitor report – IFFCO ranks 1st
- India and European Union (EU) have agreed to step up their Clean Energy and Climate Partnership
- Cambridge Dictionary named ‘perseverance’ Word of the Year 2021.
- PANEX-21 – a Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief Exercise – to be held for the BIMSTEC countries (Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, India and Thailand)
- FM Nirmala Sitharaman Ranked 37th on Forbes’ 2021 World’s 100 Most Powerful Women. MacKenzie Scott, philanthropist, author and ex-wife of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos topped Forbes’ 2021 World’s 100 Most Powerful Women
- India has been re-elected to International Maritime Organisation (IMO) Council for 2022-23
- Myanmar’s civilian leader, Aung San Suu Kyi was sentenced to 4 years imprisonment after being found guilty on two charges- the first verdicts in a raft of criminal cases that the country’s military has brought against her since seizing power 10 months ago
- United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) granted Observer Status to International Solar Alliance (ISA) by adopting resolution 76/123.
- US President Joe Biden has elevated Indian-American political advisor Gautam Raghavan as the head of the White House Office of Presidential Personnel.
- China launched Shijian-6 05 satellites for Space Exploration
APPOINTMENTS (December 2021 Current Affairs)
- Rajeev Ahuja – MD & CEO of RBL
- Eva Magdalena Andersson – 1st female PM of Sweden.
- Sanjay Dutt – Brand Ambassador for 50th-year Celebrations of Arunachal Pradesh
- Pradish Shah – chairman of National Asset Reconstruction
- Alka Upadhyaya – chairperson of NHAI
- Olaf Scholz – new German chancellor
- Jasprit Bumrah – Brand Ambassador of Unix
- Kamlesh Gandhi – New co-chairman of FIDC
- Former SBI chairman Rajnish Kumar – new strategic group advisor of OYO
- Sambit Patra – chairman of India Tourism Development Corporation
- Smriti Mandhana – Brand Ambassador of GUVI
- Mohit Jain – New President Of Indian Newspaper Society
- H O Suri – MD & CEO of IFFCO– TOKIO General Insurance
- Ravindra Jadeja – Brand Ambassador of Kinara Capital
- Ittira David – MD & CEO of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
- Karl Nehammer – Chancellor of Austria
- Sanjiv Mehta – President of FICCI
- Catherine Russell – new head of UNICEF
- British-Indian Leena Nair – new global CEO of French Fashion House Chanel
- Unsoo Kim – MD of Hyundai Motor India Limited
- Rishabh Pant – Uttarakhand’s brand ambassador.
The 5 Hottest Technologies in Banking, Read Here
SPORTS (December 2021 Current Affairs)
- Harbhajan Singh( Indian off-spinner) has announced retirement from all forms of cricket
- Indian skier Aanchal Thakur has bagged a bronze medal at the International Ski Federation
- New Zealand’s Ajaz Patel – 3rd Bowler to take 10 Wickets in an Innings
- Anahat Singh – 1st Indian girl to win Jr Squash Open in US.
- Lewis Hamilton won inaugural edition of Saudi Arabian GP
- Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen and China’s Taipei’s Tai Tzu Ying were named Male and Female player of the year 2021 respectively by the Badminton World Federation
- Russia – won Davis Cup tennis tournament 2021
- Indian Shuttler PV Sindhu won Silver at BWF World Tour Finals 2021
- Australia opener David Warner and West Indies all-rounder Hayley Matthews –voted the ICC Players of the Month for
- Sanket Mahadev Sargar won gold in Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships 2021
- Manipur won Senior Women’s National Football Championship
- Norway’s Magnus Carlsen won FIDE World Chess Championship
- Max Verstappen won the Abu Dhabi GP 2021 F-1 Drivers’ championship
BOOKS AND AUTHORS (December 2021 Current Affairs)
- Kashmir: the quest for peace in a troubled land – Nirmal Chander Vij
- The Ambuja Story – Narotam Sekhsaria
- Public Service Ethics– Prabhat Kumar
- The Turnover Wizard – Saviour Of Thousands – Arup Roy Choudhury
- 1971: Charge of the Gorkhas and Other Stories – Rachna Bisht Rawat
- The Midway Battle: Modi’s Roller-coaster Second Term – Gautam Chintamani
- At Home In The Universe – Bala Krishna Madhur
- Watershed: How We Destroyed India’s Water And How We Can Save It – Mriduala Ramesh
- Pride, Prejudice and Punditry – Dr Shashi Tharoor
- India’s Ancient Legacy of Wellness – Dr Rekha Chaudhari
Tips to Score Good Marks in the Reasoning Section, Click Here
AWARDS AND HONORS (December 2021 Current Affairs)
- Anukrti Upadhyay – Sushila Devi Award 2021
- V Praveen Rao – 7th Dr M S Swaminathan Award
- Anju Bobby George – Woman of the Year by World Athletics
- Himachal Pradesh Police – President’s Colour award
- Ratan Tata – Assam’s highest civilian award.
- South African author Damon Galgut – Booker Prize.
- India’s Harnaaz Sandhu crowned 70th Miss Universe 2021
- Bihar – Gold Medal Award at 40th edition India International Trade Fair
- Anil Prakash Joshi – Mother Teresa Memorial Award
- Dinyar Patel – NIF Book Prize 2021 for his book Naoroji: Pioneer of Indian Nationalism
- P. Jindal Global University (JGU) – Digital Innovation of the Year Award
- Mathematician Nikhil Srivastava – AMS’s Ciprian Foias Award
- Elon Musk – TIME Magazine’s ‘Person of the Year’ for 2021
- Nilmani Phookan Jr and Damodar Mauzo – Jnanpith Award
- IIT-Kanpur Scientist Ropesh Goyal – Young Geospatial Scientist Award
- Balkrishna Doshi – 2022 RIBA Royal Gold Medal for Architecture
- Indian Mathematician Neena Gupta receives Ramanujan Prize 2021
- Avani Lekhara – Best Female Debut honour at 2021 Paralympic Sport Awards
- Azim Premji – Dr. Ida S. Scudder Oration award
- Steel Authority of India Ltd. (SAIL) – prestigious Golden Peacock Environment Management Award 2021
- DBS Bank India – ET BFSI Excellence Awards 2021.
- Tennis star Emma Raducanu – BBC’s Sports Personality of the Year for 2021.
IMPORTANT DAYS (December 2021 Current Affairs)
- Dec 2 – National Pollution Control Day
- Dec 2 – International Day for the Abolition of Slavery
- Dec 2 – World Computer Literacy Day
- Dec 3 – World Day of the Handicapped. Theme : Leadership and participation of persons with disabilities.
- Dec – 4 – International Day of Banks
- Dec 4 – Indian Navy Day. Theme : Swarnim Vijay Varsh
- Dec 5 – International Volunteer Day
- Dec 5 – World Soil Day
- Dec 7 – International Civil aviation Day. Theme : Advancing Innovation for Global Aviation Development
- Dec 7 – National Armed Forces Flag Day
- Dec 8 – SAARC Charter Day 2021
- Dec 9 – International Anti-Corruption Day. Theme : Your right, your role: say no to corruption
- Dec 9 – International Day of Commemoration and Dignity of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide and of the Prevention of this Crime
- Dec 10 – Human Rights Day. Theme : EQUALITY – Reducing inequalities, advancing human rights.
- Dec 11 – UNICEF Day. Theme : to help children recover from interruptions and learning losses experienced through pandemics in the last two years.
- Dec 12 – International Universal Health Coverage Day. Theme : Leave No One’s Health Behind: Invest in health systems for all
- Dec 14 – National Energy Conservation Day
- Dec 15 – International Tea day
- Dec 20 – International Human Solidarity Day
- Dec 24 – National Consumer Rights Day
- Dec 25 – Good Governance Day
- Dec 27 – International Day of Epidemic Preparedness
OBITUARIES (December 2021 Current Affairs)
- KS Sethumadhavan – Malayalam Director
- ‘Sirivennela’ Chembolu Seetharama Sastry – Veteran Telugu film lyricist
- Richard Rogers – Pritzker Prize-winning architect
- Professor Rafiqul Islam – Renowned scholar of Bangladesh
- Konijeti Rosaiah -Former Andhra Pradesh CM
- Vinod Dua – Veteran Journalist
- Sarada Menon – India’s 1st Women Psychiartist
- Eileen Ash – World’s oldest test cricketer (England)
- Suresh Jadhav – Serum Institute of India ED
- Anne Rice – Gothic novel author (The Vampire Chronicles novel series)
- R L Jalappa – former Union Minister
To get Daily current affairs and other important materials of Bank and SSC Exam. Follow us on all social media.
- 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤: https://www.facebook.com/ICDKLM
- Telegram: https://t.me/icdkollamudyogseva
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/icdkollam-jk/community
Download ICD Kollam app and start preparing for Bank or SSC Exam: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icdkollam.main.app