Current affairs is one of the main subject for almost all the competitive exam. But to remember it is quite difficult. So in this article we will provide you monthly current of January 2022. These monthly current affairs will help you in the preparation of Bank, SSC and All competitive exams. You can also download PDF of January 2022 current affairs from below.
Download Current Affairs of January 2022 PDF, Click Here
Current Affairs is a very vast and dynamic topic. Sometimes we need proper analysis as well. Apart from understanding the concept, it requires memorizing the facts and figures. The facts and figures are constantly changing, and all the aspirants need to keep themselves updated. We get almost 50 different news to read every day, and remembering all the current news of the past 6-8 months is not an easy nut to crack. And to make easy for you, ICD Kollam is here with Monthly Current Affairs of January 2022.
Monthly Current Affairs of December 2021, click here
BANKING AND FINANCIAL AWARENESS
- RBI approved Fino Payments Bank for commencing international (Cross Border) remittance business under the Money Transfer Service Scheme (MTSS).
- RBI has retained SBI, ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank as Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs).
- Airtel Payments Bank has been categorised as a scheduled bank by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in the second schedule of the RBI ACT 1934
- SBI Cards and Payment Services has tied up with Paytm for card tokenisation to protect the data of the cardholders.
- SBI General Insurance launched ‘#BahaneChhodoTaxBachao’ campaign
- Tech Mahindra has approved a proposal for the acquisition of a 100 per cent stake in Allyis India and Green Investments, for a total consideration of up to USD 125 million.
- Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India has inaugurated Digi Zone, at Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai, as part of its effort to enhance its digital footprint.
- State-owned power generation company NTPC Ltd. is set to acquire a 5 per cent equity stake in Power Exchange of India Ltd (PXIL).
- RBL Bank & Google – agreement to advance next-generation customer experience
- RBI – appointed Deepak Kumar and Ajay Kumar Choudhary as new executive directors (ED).
- LazyPay & SBM Bank – Partnership India to Launch LazyCard
- NPCI Bharat BillPay Ltd. (NBBL) – introduced a functionality called ‘Unified Presentment Management System’ (UPMS).
- Tata Group has chosen SBI, Bank of Baroda and HDFC Bank as preferred bankers for Air India.
- Airtel Payments Bank and Park+ have collaborated to offer FASTag-based smart parking solutions to marquee commercial and residential properties
- Axis Bank & MinkasuPay – Partnership for biometric-based banking payments
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and Reliance Jio – announced that UPI AUTOPAY has now been introduced for the telecom industry with Jio.
- Govt of India notified amalgamation of PMC Bank with Unity Small Finance Bank Ltd
- Paytm Money launches India’s 1st intelligent messenger called ‘Pops’
- City Union Bank launched fitness watch debit card in tie-up with GOQii (smart-tech-enabled preventive healthcare platform)
- SEBI launches Saa₹thi mobile app on investor education
- MobiKwik and Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) Fintech companies launched ‘ClickPay’ – in collaboration with NPCI Bharat BillPay Ltd. (NBBL).
Countries, Their Capital And Currency for Bank & SSC Exams, click here
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has launched a 100-day reading campaign Padhe Bharat.
- PM Modi laid the foundation stone of Major Dhyan Chand Sports University in Meerut.
- UP’s Jhansi Railway Station renamed as ‘Veerangana Laxmibai Railway Station’
- Information Technology Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw has launched the India Semiconductor Mission (ISM)
- Himachal Pradesh – 1st LPG enabled & smoke free state of the country
- Power and new and renewable energy minister, Raj Kumar Singh has dedicated Automatic Generation Control (AGC) to the nation.
- Odisha’s Ganjam – declared itself a child marriage free district, the first in the State.
- Union Minister of Education, Dharmendra Pradhan has launched National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT 3.0)
- Kerala High Court – India’s first paperless court.
- India’s 1st innovation centre for graphene – set up in Kerala by the Digital University Kerala (DUK) in Thrissur
- Himachal Pradesh CM launched Apna Kangra app – to provide a hassle-free experience for tourists
- Lok Sabha secretariat launched the official mobile application of the Parliament named Digital Sansad App
- Govt of India & Govt of Israel – Partnership to create 150 Villages of Excellence in 12 States
- NHEV (National Highway for Electric Vehicle) has inaugurated India’s largest electric vehicle (EV) charging station in Gurgaon, Haryana.
- Indian Navy and Russian Navy conducts PASSEX Exercise in Arabian Sea.
- CryptoWire, a global crypto super app (business unit of TickerPlant) – launched India’s first index of Cryptocurrencies – IC15
- Karnataka became India’s 1st state to launch AVGC Center of Excellence
- Social media giant Meta & Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) – Partnership to support five lakh women-led small businesses across India.
List of International Financial institutions in the World, Click Here
- Shanghai has opened two new metro lines, upholding its rank as the city with the largest Metro network in the world.
- China – announced a five-year roadmap to achieve its goal of becoming a global robotics innovation hub by the year 2025.
- Poet Maya Angelou becomes the 1st black woman to appear on US coin
- Prime Minister of Sudan – Abdalla Hamdok has announced his resignation
- Japan and Australia signed a landmark defence agreement that allows closer cooperation between their militaries and stands
- Russian, Chinese and Iranian navies undertook naval exercises CHIRU-2Q22 in the Gulf of Oman.
- Oxford University Press declares ‘Anxiety’ as Children’s Word of the Year 2021
- Russia successfully test-fired around 10 new Tsirkon (Zircon) hypersonic cruise missiles from a frigate and other two missiles from a submarine.
- Scientists and experts in France have reportedly identified a new variant of COVID-19 termed ‘IHU’. The new variant is said to be a more mutated strain than Omicron.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has approved a testing kit for detecting the Omicron variant of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus.
Idioms for Bank Exams, Click Here
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla won $1 million Genesis Prize for COVID-19 vaccine
- Danish Siddiqui – Mumbai Press Club’s RedInk Award 2020
- Forensic Science Laboratory – SKOCH award for combating crime against children
- Zishaan A Latif – Ramnath Goenka Award in Photo journalism
- Ratan Tata -Asom Baibhav Award
- Former Japan PM Shinzo Abe – Netaji Award 2022
- Harshaali Malhotra (Actress) – 12th Bharat Ratna Dr Ambedkar Award 2022
- Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve (Tamil Nadu) – TX2 award
- Navdeep Kaur (India) – Best National Costume award at Mrs World 2022 pageant
- Kerala Arts and Crafts Village Organization – International Craft Award 2021
- Satish Adiga – ICMR national award Dr Subhas Mukherjee Award
- Global Private Banking Awards 2021 -Best Private Bank’ in India – HDFC Bank
- Uttar Pradesh won National Water Awards for the year 2020
- Olympian Neeraj Chopra – Param Vishisht Seva Medal
- Chennai International Airport – 8th in Global List for On-Time Performance
List of Prime Ministers of India: Click Here
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
- Gandhi’s Assassin: The Making of Nathuram Godse and His Idea of India – Dhirendra Jha
- Indomitable: A Working Woman’s Notes on Life, Work and Leadership – Arundhati Bhattacharya
- A Little Book of India: Celebrating 75 years of Independence – Ruskin Bond
- Fearless Governance – Kiran Bedi
- Bose: The Untold Story of An Inconvenient Nationalist – Chandrachur Ghose
- The $10 Trillion Dream – Subhash Garg
List of Presidents of India, Click here
- India won under-19 Asia cricket Cup.
- Rafael Nadal won 2022 Melbourne Summer Set tennis tournament
- Rafael Nadal won Record 21st Grand Slam Title
- South Africa’s wicketkeeper-batter Quinton de Kock – announced his retirement from Test cricket
- PV Sindhu won title at Syed Modi badminton 2022
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has informed that Tata group has replaced Chinese mobile phone manufacturer Vivo as the title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL)
- Unnati Hooda (14 yrs old)– youngest Indian to win Super 100 event (Badminton) at Odisha Open 2022
- Ross Taylor (NewZealand) announces retirement from international cricket
- India-born New Zealand cricketer Ajaz Patel won the ICC Player of the Month award
- Gael Monfils(France) Won 2022 Adelaide International 1 tennis tournament
- Nodirbek Abdusattorov (Uzbekistan) – won World Rapid Chess Championship 2021
- Rafael Nadal (Spain) – won the Men’s Singles title at the Australian Open 2022.
The 5 Hottest Technologies in Banking, Read Here
- Vinay Kumar Tripathi – Chairman and CEO of Railway Board
- Baldev Prakash – MD & CEO of J&K Bank
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas – IMF’s Chief Economist
- S Somanath (Rocket scientist) – ISRO chief
- Narendra Kumar Goenka – new chairman of AEPC
- Justice Ayesha Malik – Pakistan’s 1st woman Supreme Court judge
- Urjit Patel – Vice President of AIIB
- Neeraj Chopra – Brand ambassador of GoodDot
- Shersingh B Khyalia – CEO of Adani Power
- Alka Mittal – 1st women head of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
- VS Pathania – Director-General of Indian Coast Guard.
- Atul Keshap – President of US-India Business Council
- Dileep Sanghani – new Chairman of IFFCO
- Vinod Kannan – CEO of Vistara airline
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma – Ambassador of Universal Acceptance Steering Group (UASG)
- Pushp Kumar Joshi – chairman and MD of HPCL
- Roberta Metsola – president of the European Union’s parliament
- Mia Motley – PM of Barbados
- Vikram Dev Dutt – new CMD of Air India
- Dr V Anantha Nageswaran – new Chief Economic Adviser
- Ittira Davis – MD & CEO of Ujjivan SFB
- Chanchal Kumar – new MD of NHIDCL
- RajKummar Rao – brand ambassador of RenewBuy
- G Asok Kumar – DG of National Mission for Clean Ganga
- Raghuvendra Tanwar – chairman of the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR)
Tips to Score Good Marks in the Reasoning Section, Click Here
- Jan 1 –DRDO Celebrates 64th Foundation Day
- Jan 4 – World Braille Day
- Jan 6 – World Day of War Orphans
- Jan 9 – Pravasi Bhartiya Divas
- Jan 10 – World Hindi Day
- Jan 11- National Human Trafficking Awareness Day
- Jan 12 – National Youth Day
- Jan 14 – Armed Forces Veterans Day
- Jan 24 – National Girl Child Day
- Jan 24 – International Day of Education
- Jan 26 –International Customs Day
- Jan 27 – International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Jan 28 – 16th edition of Data Protection Day. (Data Privacy Day)
- Jan 30 – World Neglected Tropical Diseases Day
- Jan 30 – World Leprosy Day 2022
- Vijay Galani – Bollywood film producer
- Viktor Saneyev – The Olympic triple jump 3-time gold medalist and former world record holder
- Kenyan politician, conservationist and fossil hunter Richard Leakey
- Marilyn Bergman – Oscar and Grammy-winning lyricist
- Sindhutai Sapkal – Social worker (Mother of Orphans)
- David Sassoli – European Parliament President
- Anil Awachat -Veteran Marathi author and social activist
- Neil Nongkynrih– Shillong Chamber Choir founder
- Baba Iqbal Singh Ji – Educationist/social leader
- Sidney Poitier – 1st black man to win Best Actor Oscar
- Charanjit Singh – Former Indian Hockey Team Captain
- Deon Lendore – Olympic medal-winning Athlete
To get Daily/Monthly current affairs and other important materials of Bank and SSC Exam. Follow us on all social media.
- 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤: https://www.facebook.com/ICDKLM
- Telegram: https://t.me/icdkollamudyogseva
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/icdkollam-jk/community
Download ICD Kollam app and start preparing for Bank or SSC Exam: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icdkollam.main.app
Tag:bank current affairs, bank current affairs 2021, bank current affairs pdf, current affairs for bank, current affairs for bank exams, current affairs for bank exams pdf, current affairs related to bank, JANUARY current affairs, JANUARY current affairs 2022, JANUARY current affairs 2022 pdf, january current affairs pdf, monthly current affairs, monthly current affairs pdf, monthly current affairs pdf 2021