BANKING AND FINANCIAL AWARENESS
- RBI issued a licence for Ftcash to set up a non-banking financial company (NBFC) & aims to disburse loans worth 100 crore
- RBI recently introduced the BHIM app open-source licence model – to achieve Digital Payments for All
- RBI approved the opening of nine Vostro accounts to promote overseas trade in Indian rupees. IndusInd Bank & UCO Bank have opened special Vostro accounts after approval.
- National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited & Japan International Cooperation – MoU to promote and enhance Japanese investments into India.
- NABARD sanctioned Rs 220.50 Crore to the Odisha government for Flood Protection Projects
- ESAF Small Finance Bank – awarded with the Best in Class for environment, Social, and Governance rating from CareEdge Ratings
- SBI signed 150 million Euro loan agreement with KfW Development Bank, Germany for the solar sector
- SEBI recently introduced a flexible option for appointment and removal of independent directors
- Maharashtra received USD 400 million loan from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for 5000 electric buses
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Signed Bancassurance Pacts with Chola MS General and Max Life Insurance Company
- Bank of Baroda and Visa – launched of two new premium debit cards for Bank of Baroda customers – bob World Opulence – a super-premium Visa Infinite Debit Card (Metal Edition) and bob World Sapphire – a Visa Signature Debit Card.
- GoI extended the tenure for the appointment of the CEO & MD of Public Sector Banks upto 10 years.
- Canara Bank steped into digital banking on its 117th Founder’s Day with the issuance of an Electronic Bank Guarantee (e-BG) in partnership with National E-Governance Service Limited (NeSL).
List of Public and Private banks in India, Click Here
- The Bihar government – MoU with the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) to help artists from the state, handicrafts and several other ethnic arts to get international exposure
Bharat Electronics -MoU with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) for jointly developing the Indigenous Communication-based Train Control System (i–CBTC)
- Maharashtra has the maximum mutual fund penetration in India – as per the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) data
- BSNL received approval from the GoI to sign a Rs 26821 crore order with Tata consultancy Services
- Cochin Shipyard Limited & Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) to build India’s 1st Hydrogen Fuel Cell Catamaran Vessel and Electric Hybrid Vessels
- Jaipur International Airport – received the Aerodrome licence from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
- India conducted the 3rd edition of largest Pan-India Coastal Defence Exercise named Sea Vigil-22
- Tamil Nadu introduced India’s Fruit Elephant Death Audit Framework.
- BEL & SVC TECH VENTURES LLP – MoU- for corporation in the manufacturing and marketing of Heavy Duty Blast Doors
- 18th edition of Indo-United States joint military training exercise YUDH ABHYAS 22 – has begun in Uttarakhand
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited – recently delivered 16 Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) Mk-III to the Indian Coast Guard (ICG).
- India has invited Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi as the chief guest for the Republic Day in 2023
- Skyroot Aerospace launched India’s 1st privately built rocket – Vikram-S
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi recently developed an Artificial Intelligence enabled device named Colposcope for the screening of cervical cancer in women
- Ministry of Power launched a scheme for procurement of aggregate power of 4500 MW for five years under SHAKTI Policy.
- CM of Odisha Naveen Patnaik launched AMLAN- ‘Anaemia Mukta Lakhya Abhiyan’ in the state
Central banks of Various Countries: Click Here
- India – second-largest producer of crude steel
- Natasa Pirc Musar – President of Slovenia
- The US Department of Transportation (DOT) has fined Air India – around Rs 11.3 crore for delaying refunds worth -around Rs 985 crore to passengers whose flights were cancelled during the Covid-19 pandemic
- The UAE-based bank Emirates NBD announced an additional USD 100 mn investment in its India operations.
- SpaceX announced launch of its Psyche Mission to investigate a previously unexplored metsl-rich ’16 Psyche asteroid’
- Italy, Mexico, Thailand, India & Vietnam – recently removed from United States (US)’s Currency Monitoring List
- ReNew Power Pvt.Ltd & Egyptain govt – signed a framework agreement – to establish a USD 8 Billion Green Hydrogen Plant in Egypt.
- Tesla unveiled model of the humanoid “Optimus”
- South Korea conducted the Operation Vigilant Storm Defence exercise along with the USA
- India won the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Vice Presidency and Strategic Management Board (SMB) Chair for the 2023-25 term.
- Permacrisis – Collins Dictionary’s Word Of The Year
Types of Bank Account, Click here
Dr CV Ananda Bose – Governor of West Bengal
Justice Rituraj Awasthi –Chairperson of the 22nd Law Commission of India
Aruna Miller – 1st Indian-American to hold the office of Lieutenant Governor in Maryland.
Anil Agarwal – Global Indian Award by the Canada-India Foundation
Justice Dhananjaya Yashwant Chandrachud – 50th Chief Justice of India.
Neeraj Chopra – Friendship Ambassador of Switzerland Tourism
IRSEE Vinit Kumar – CEO of KVIC
Subhrakant Panda – President of FICCI
KV Kamath – Independent Director of RIL
VR Krishna Gupta – Chairman of BPCL
Kishor K Basa – Chairman Of National Monuments Authority
Natasa Pirc Musar – 1st female President of Slovenia
Vishal Kapoor – CEO of Energy Efficiency Services Limited
Sumeet Anand – Chevalier de la Legion d,Honneur
Former IAS C V Ananda Bose – Governor of West Bengal
Prasoon Joshi – Brand Ambassador of Uttarakhand
Deepa Malik – ambassador of Nikshay Mitra
Anwar Ibrahim – PM of Malaysia
List of Presidents of India, Click here
AWARDS AND HONORS
Subhash Babu – 1st Indian Scientist to be awarded 2022 Bailey K Ashford Medal & 2022 FASTMH Award
Indian Businesswomen Namita Thapar, Soma Mondal & Ghazal Alagh are featured on Forbes 2022 Asia’s Power Businesswomen list
Venkatraman Ramakrishnan – the United Kingdom’s (UK) Royal Order of Merit by Britain’s King Charles III
Prodapt won the Prestigious Salesforce Partner Innovation Award 2022
Carnatic vocalist, composer, collaborator, humanitarian and speaker, Aruna Sairam – French government’s highest honour, Chevalier de l’Ordre des Arts et des award
Tamil writer Imayam – Kuvempu national award
Danish Manzoor Bhat – Jaipur Foot USA’s 1st Global Humanitarian Award for Covid 19 relief efforts.
Paralympic medallist Lekhara – Para Sports Person of Year award
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya – UNESCO Award
M T Vasudevan Nair awarded – Kerala Jyothi award
Ravi Kumar Sagar – prestigious Dr. Kalam Seva Puraskar
Saudi Arabia – 2029 Asian Winter Games
Qatar – host FIFA World Cup 2022
Greg Barclay – Independent Chair of the International cricket Council (ICC) for a 2 year term
Achanta Sharath Kamal – India’s 1st player to be elected to the international Table Tennis Federation Athletes’ Commission.
Cristiano Ronaldo – the first male player to score in five World Cups in Portugal’s opening game in Qatar against Ghana.
Max Verstappen won Mexican Formula 1 GP 2022
Indian men’s squash team won gold medal in Asian Squash Team Championships
Nov 2 – International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists
Nov 5 – World Tsunami Awareness Day
Nov 6 – International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict
Nov 7 – National Cancer Awareness Day
Nov 10 – UN’s World Science Day for Peace and Development 2022. Theme : Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development
Nov 10- World Usability Day. Theme : Our Health
Nov 11 – National Education Day – to celebrate the birth anniversary of Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad
Nov 13 – 25th World Kindness Day
Nov 16 – UN International Day for Tolerance 2022.
Nov 17 -International Students Day
Nov 21 – World Fisheries Day
Nov 24 – Shaheedi Diwas or Martyrdom Day of ‘Guru Tegh Bahadur’
Nov 26 – National Milk Day
Nov 28 – Red Planet Day
Nov 29 – International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
Nov 30 – Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare
Vikram S Kirloskar – Vice Chairperson of Toyota Kirloskar Motor
Vikram Gokhale -Veteran Bollywood Actor
Elaben Bhatt- SEWA founder & women’s activist
Jambey Tashi – Arunachal Pradesh MLA
Master Shyam Saran – Independent India’s first voter
Download Current Affairs of November Current Affairs 2022 PDF by joining our Telegram.Hope this article on February 2022 current affairs will help you in preparing for any competitive exams you want to crack.
To get Daily/Monthly current affairs and other important materials of Bank and SSC Exam. Follow us on all social media.
- 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤: https://www.facebook.com/ICDKLM
- Telegram: https://t.me/icdkollamudyogseva
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/icdkollam-jk/community
Download ICD Kollam app and start preparing for Bank or SSC Exam: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?