A Revolution in Public Sector Exams
What is National Recruitment Agency
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has decided to set up a National Recruitment Agency (NRA). The proposed NRA will conduct a common preliminary examination for various recruitments in the central government.
What is NRA CET?
National Recruitment Agency Common Eligibility Test (NRA CET) is a screening test that will be conducted by the NRA to shortlist candidates for various Group-B and -C non-technical and non-gazetted posts in the central government. In the process, NRA is likely to overtake the tier-I online exam from three government recruitment bodies:
- Staff Selection Commission – Exams included are SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC GD, SSC CPO, SSC Stenographer, SSC JHT, SSC MTS, SSC Selection Post Exam.
- Railway Recruitment Board – Exams included are RRB Group-D and RRB NTPC.
- Institute of Banking Personnel – IBPS PO and IBPS Clerk.
The NRA CET for SSC, RRB, and IBPS exams is likely to be held in September 2021.
NRA CET Exam Highlights 2020-21
|Exam Name||NRA CET (National Recruitment Agency Common Eligibility Test)|
|Conducting Body||NRA (National Recruitment Agency)|
|Exam Mode||Online only|
|Frequency of Exam Duration||Twice a year|
NRA CET: Salient Features & Benefits
Check out some salient features of the National Recruitment Agency –
- NRA will conduct CET to screen candidates at the first level only for SSC, IBPS, and RRB recruitment.
- Based on the NRA CET score, the final selection will be made through separate specialized tier-II/tier-III exams to be conducted by respective recruitment agencies (SSC/IBPS/RRB).
- There will be separate online NRA CETs for graduates, Class 12 and Class 10 candidates for which mock tests will be available and a 24X7 helpline is also available.
- Candidates will be able to schedule their tests and choose the exam center of their choice at their convenience.
- NRA CET score of a candidate will be valid for three years, so he or she can appear for the second level exams.
- NRA CET scores can be shared with the central government, state governments, Union Territories (UTs), Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs), and private sector.
- Through NRA CET, candidates will get the opportunity to compete for many posts by appearing for just one exam.
National Recruitment Agency Recruitment Process 2020-21
The NRA CET recruitment process will contain the following steps:
- Step 1: Fill NRA CET application form
- Step 2: Download NRA CET admit card
- Step 3: Appear for NRA CET paper
- Step 4: Check NRA CET result
- Step 5: Appear for the next stages of respective recruitment exams
Important National Recruitment Agency CET FAQS
Q: What is NRA?
A: The NRA or National Recruitment Agency is a multi-agency body that is set up for the recruitment of candidates for various central government jobs that were previously conducted by separate bodies.
Q: Is NRA already established?
A: Currently, the Union Cabinet has only approved the creation of NRA. The agency is yet to be established.
Q: What is NRA CET?
A: NRA CET is a common eligibility test that will be conducted by the National Recruitment Agency to screen candidates at the first level of various SSC, RRB, and IBPS recruitment exams.
Q: What will be the tentative date for the NRA CET?
A: Since the National Recruitment Agency is yet to be established, it is expected that the first NRA CET will be held in September 2021.
Q: How many CETs will NRA conduct?
A: NRA will conduct three CETs for – Class 10, Class 12 and graduation.
Q: Will NRA also conduct UPSC exams?
A: No, NRA will not conduct any UPSC exam. It will conduct exams only for SSC, RRB, and IBPS.
Q: Will Teaching Eligibility Tests (TETs) be conducted by NRA?
A: No, NRA will have no role in the conduct of TETs.
Q: Would IBPS, RRB, and SSC stop working?
A: No, SSC, RRB, and IBPS will continue conducting recruitment exams as per the vacancies posted by the government. They will only stop conducting the first-level screening exam for the recruitment.
If you are preparing for bank exam click here.