The State Bank of India is one of India’s largest banking institutions. All young people who want to work in the banking industry want to take a job at SBI. And every year, SBI gives every one of them a chance to work with themselves. Every year, SBI fills vacancies in their organization by recruiting qualified candidates for required positions, one of which is the Probationary Officers position.
SBI PO 2021 Notification Out:
Every year, the SBI hires candidates for the position of Probationary Officer. This year, SBI also issued a notification for the 2021 PO recruitments. These positions will be filled through an examination that will consist of three parts: a preliminary exam, a main exam, and an interview. To be considered for the position of PO, a candidate must pass all three stages of the process. All of the information about the exam process, pattern, selection process, syllabus, and other key points has been provided below. Please read the information until the end.
SBI PO 2021 Notification Out: Overview
The table below contains all the highlights of the SBI PO 2021 Notification.
|SBI PO 2021 Notification|
|Exam name||SBI PO 2021|
|Exam Conducting Body||State Bank of India (SBI)|
|Post||Probationary Officer (PO)|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|Language of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Notification Date||4th October 2021|
SBI PO 2021 Notification Details
SBI PO Notification 2021 has been released on the official website of the State Bank of India @www.sbi.co.in. Every year lakhs of candidates apply for the post of SBI PO which increases the cut-throat competition in the country for SBI PO posts. The SBI PO Recruitment process is comprised of the following three stages. The candidates are advised to download the SBI PO 2021 Notification by clicking the button below. The details provided in the SBI PO Notification 2021 are to be read properly and taken care of while applying online for SBI PO 2021.
SBI PO 2021 Exam Date
The notification for the 2021 SBI PO exam has been released on October 4, 2021, and online applications will be accepted beginning on October 5th and will close on October 25th, 2021. The prelims exam call letter will be available in the first or second week of November 2021, and the prelims exam will be held in November or December 2021, with the results expected in December.
The mains exam call letter will be available for download in the second or third week of December 2021, and the mains exam may be held in December 2021 as well. The results are expected in January 2022.
Following this, the Phase III – Interview call letter is expected to be issued in the first or second week of February 2022, with the interview to take place in the second or third week of February 2022.
The candidates’ wait will be over by the end of February or the beginning of March, as the final results are expected to be released in either of these months. Following that, the training session for candidates from the ST/SC and Religious Minority Communities will begin. The final process will be the download of the call letter for pre-exam training and the conduct of the pre-exam training in the first and second weeks of November 2022.
Details about 2021 SBI PO Vacancies
This year, the SBI PO vacancies have increased by 56 positions, with 300 vacancies for SC, 150 vacancies for ST, 540 vacancies for OBC, 200 vacancies for EWS, and 810 vacancies for the General category. The increase in vacancies increases your chances of getting the SBI job, so hurry up and starts preparing.
The table given below will show you the trends in changes in SBI PO 2021 Vacancy.
|Year||SBI PO 2021 Vacancies|
Who can Apply(The Eligibility)
Anyone who is a resident of India, is of the required age, and is well qualified can apply for the SBI PO examination. The age limit for this exam is that the candidate must be 21 years old as of April 1, 2021, and should not be more than 30 years old at the time of registration.
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
Along with this, there are different age relaxations for different categories, with SC/ST, EX-servicemen, and Person with Domicile in Jammu and Kashmir from 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989 candidates receiving a 5-year age relaxation, OBC receiving a 3-year relaxation, and Person with Disabilities receiving a 10-year relaxation.
A candidate with Indian citizenship, a candidate from Nepal, Bhutan, and a permanently settled Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1963, and an Indian origin person who migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, Vietnam, or East African countries of Zaire, with the willingness of resettlement in India, are eligible to apply for SB.
Another requirement for all of these candidates is that they have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India in their favor. A person who meets all of the Nationality requirements can apply for the SBI PO 2021 exam.
Note: Candidates belonging to the category 2, 3, 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt of India in their favor if willing to apply for SBI PO 2021.
Educational Qualification Criteria
The next criterion is qualification; a candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in any field from an acknowledged college or university, or any other qualification recognized by the Central Government. Candidates in their final year or semester of graduation may also apply for the position of SBI PO.
SBI PO 2021: Number of Attempts
Along with this, each category is allowed a certain number of attempts to appear in the SBI PO exam. According to that criterion, a candidate from ST/SC has no restriction on the number of attempts, whereas a candidate from General (PwD) / Ews (PwD), OBC, OBC (PwD) has all 7 attempts for the SBI PO exam, and the General/ EWS has 4 attempts.
Online Application method
As per the SBI PO 2021 notification, the online application for the exam will begin on October 5th, and that application can be done once the link is open to all.
For the application, one must have a working email address and a valid mobile number in order to receive all SBI PO examination updates.
The application fee for the General, OBC, and EWS categories is 750 rupees, while there is no fee for the ST/SC and PWD categories. As soon as the application link is active, all candidates can apply for the SBI PO 2021 exam; you can obtain the application form by clicking on the link below.
Exam procedure and selection
The SBI PO exam is divided into three stages, and once completed, the selection process begins. The SBI PO exam is divided into three phases: the preliminary exam, the main exam, and the interview.
The first is the Prelim exam; in order to take the Mains exam, a candidate must pass the Prelims exam. This exam is given online, and it consists of multiple-choice questions that must be answered in one hour. The Prelims paper has three sections: one for English Language, one for Reasoning Ability, and one for Quantitative Aptitude. There are no section cut-off criteria, but there is an overall cut-off based on the different categories for passing the SBI PO 2021 examination. And candidates are chosen for the Mains exam based on a merit list.
Following this, the Mains exam is held, which includes two tests: the Objective test and the Descriptive Test. The objective test exam has four sections: English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Logic Reasoning, as well as Computer, and General/Economic/Banking Awareness, and the descriptive test is worth 50 points. There is no sectional cut-off in this exam, and only the overall cut-off is used to create the merit list. Finally, candidates representing approximately three times the number of vacancies in each category will be chosen for the interview or group exercise.
And the final call is the interview or group exercise; the selection is based on the outcome of this interview or group exercise.
SBI PO 2021 Exam Pattern
Prelims exam patter –
- This has three sections.
- Total marks of the paper – 100
- Total time duration – 1 hour
- 1 mark is awarded for each correct answer and 0.25 points are deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Except for the English Language section questions, all questions are given in both Hindi and English.
- In the English Language section, there are 30 questions worth 30 points, and you have 20 minutes to answer them.
- There are 35 questions, 35 marks, and 20 minutes for the Reasoning section.
- Quantitative Aptitude has the same format as well, with 35 questions, 35 marks, and 20 minutes.
Mains exam pattern –
- This is divided into two sections.
- On the same day, four sections in the Objective section and the Descriptive section of English Language are done.
- The SBI PO mains exam contains 155 multiple-choice questions.
- The total time required to answer these questions is three hours.
- As in the Prelim exam, there will be a separate time for each section to be solved in mains too, and minus marking of 0.25 numbers is also existent.
- The Reasoning and Computer Aptitude section consists of 45 questions with a total of 60 marks and a time limit of 60 minutes to complete.
- The General Economy/Banking Awareness exam consists of 40 questions and 40 marks, with a time limit of 35 minutes.
- The English Language questions are 35 in number, and they must be answered in 40 minutes to receive 40 marks in this section.
- The Data Analysis and Interpretation section has 35 questions worth 60 points that must be completed in 45 minutes.
- The descriptive section of English language is 30 minutes long and worth 50 points. This section contains instructions for writing an essay or a letter.
The Interview / Group Exercises –
- This phase is worth 50 points; the Group Exercises for the SBI PO 2021 examination are worth 20 points, and the Interview is worth 30 points.
- The Bank will specify the qualifying mask, and the candidates’ names will be arranged in descending order in each category based on their marks.
- The marks from the Mains exam and Group Exercises/Interview are added to the final merit list.
- To qualify for the exam, a candidate must pass both the Mains exam and the Group Exercises/Interview section.
SBI PO 2021 Exam Syllabus
- Alphanumeric Series
- Alphabet Test
- Data Sufficiency
- Coded Inequalities
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Reading and Comprehension
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Idioms and Phrases
- Vocabulary Test
- Phrasal Verbs
- Fill in the qualifying words
- Cloze Test
- Para jumbles
- Error Spotting
- Fill in the blanks
- Profit & Loss
- Mixtures & Alligations
- Simple Interest & Compound
- Interest & Surds & Indices
- Work & Time
- Time & Distance
- Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
- Data Interpretation
- Ratio & Proportion, Percentage
- Number Systems
- Sequence & Series Permutation
- Combination & Probability
For Mains exam
- Verbal Reasoning Syllogism
- Circular Seating
- Linear Seating Arrangement
- Double Lineup Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Directions and Distances
- Ordering and Ranking
- Data Sufficiency
- Coding & Decoding
- Code Inequalities
- Course of Action
- Critical Reasoning
- Analytical and Decision making
Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Tabular Graph
- Line Graph
- Pie Chart
- Bar Graph
- Radar Graph Caselet
- Missing DI
- Caselet DI
- Data Sufficiency
- Permutation and Combination
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Ability
- Word Association
- Sentence Improvement
- Para Jumbles
- Cloze Test
- Error Spotting
- Fill in the blanks
General Economy/ Banking Awareness
- Financial Awareness
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- Banking and Financial Awareness
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Computer Abbreviation
- Microsoft Office
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Software
- Operating System
- Computer Fundamentals/ Technologies